1. I ran six marathons on six continents: São Paulo, Copenhagen, Gold Coast, Mexico City, Casablanca, Bangkok; with an average finish time of 3:48:34 (New PR 3:33:57).
2. I made a photography portfolio on my experience of ten years in the US, then made a pop-up show to share it with my friends. I also finally made my photography website live.
3. I became a Google.Org ambassador, worked all year round to engage YouTube employees with non-profits and led the global volunteering month and giving week campaigns at YouTube.
4. I continued to learn Italian and finished all intermediate level classes, while kept improving my French and learned a little bit Arabic.
5. I worked on interesting and impactful projects at YouTube. Once during a presentation, I argued with an SVP in front of three VPs to defend my work.
6. I went to four new countries (Brazil, Australia, Morocco, Thailand) and finally set my foot on all six continents.
7. I hosted 29 couchsurfers at home and have made lots of new friends through traveling.
8. I fell in love with pasta and have been really enjoying cooking for myself and for my friends.
9. I have been practicing letting go of possessions, and tried to live a simpler life.
10. I turned 32, and after ten years in the US, I feel reborn.
1. I passed DELF (Diploma of Study in the French Language) exam at B1 level.
2. I have been learning Italian for a year, it is really fun.
3. I went to 7 new countries this year (Malta, Mexico, Iceland, Ireland, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania).
4. I had three wonderful trips in Europe, highlighted by solo camping by a waterfall in Iceland, an unforgettable night drinking with strangers in Bulgaria, and connecting two friends in Hamburg and bar hopping with them.
5. I have been running all year, finished my first marathon in Stockholm (PR 3:39) and did it again in San Francisco, and ran a sub 7’00 half marathon (PR 1:31).
6. I hosted 21 couchsurfers this year, despite a long break; and made some great friends while staying in hostels in Europe.
7. I transferred to YouTube and it has been awesome in almost every single way.
8. I further stepped up in Googlers Give initiatives, led a much larger campaign at YouTube and sponsored two organizations during Giving Week.
9. I finally moved to San Francisco and life is fantastic here.
10. I turned 31, and I feel empowered.
1. I finished my goal of visiting all 50 states, also made it to Puerto Rico and had an amazing camping trip in Alaska.
2. I delivered a wedding speech in French, in France, in front of 100+ French guests.
3. I built a photography portfolio through the continuing study class at Stanford.
4. I had two wonderful trips in Europe, hosted by the family and friends of some of my best friends and made many new friends.
5. I ran San Francisco half marathon again and improved my best time to 1:41.
6. I hosted 54 couchsurfers at home and many of them became good friends of mine.
7. I had a promotion at work. I worked hard to get it so this is a toast to the hard work.
8. I am heavily involved in both GoogleServe and GiveWeek this year.
9. I had a couple of spontaneous trips including one to Athens, GA to surprise a friend at his party. And it’s totally worth it.
10. I turned 30, and I feel great. Both physically and mentally. I’ve never been so happy in my life.